The Roosevelt Road Redevelopment Project has several unique features:
- Three separate and distinct communities came together to facilitate the Local, State, and Federally funded project.
- Coordination with PACE transit to promote use along the corridor by adding bus stops and facilitating their new Transit Signal Priority System.
- Improvements centered on pedestrians, including an In-Roadway Warning Light system, and accessibility within the roadway and to adjacent businesses and residents. To see more details about the In-Roadway System, including a map of signalized intersections throughout the corridor, please download this document.
Other project highlights include:
- removal and replacement of curbs, sidewalks, and storm sewers
- driveway reconstruction
- HMA pavement milling and resurfacing
- streetlight removal and replacement
- traffic sign replacement for MUTCD compliance
- parking regulation coordination
- ornamental lighting
- pedestrian friendly bump-outs
- ADA compliant ramps
TERRA also provided Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) plans to provide adequate pedestrian safety to and from businesses during construction.
Benefits from the redevelopment are already being seen from increased economic activity. Recent business opening include:
- PCC Community Wellness Center
- WIRE Music Store
- Capri Ristorante
- Autre Monde Cafe
- Antronio0’s Night Club
- Paprazzi Restaurant
To learn more about Roosevelt Road, please visit the website.
Landscape Architect, The Lakota Group