TERRA provides professional traffic survey and data collection to public and private clients. With an inventory of Miovision video collection units, Hi-Star magnetic Counters and road tube counters, in addition to numerous handheld counting devices and GPS equipment, our team of qualified technicians is prepared to collect traffic count data on projects of all sizes.
TERRA conducts a wide array of traffic engineering and safety studies to assist our clients in determining the potential impact of a project on the surrounding roadway network. Our traffic engineering staff is well versed in the procedures, standards and technology required to determine the appropriate solutions for each project.
TERRA provides a wide array of traffic signal services from traffic signal warrant studies to signal coordination and timing for existing signal corridors. Our traffic engineers have experience designing a wide array of traffic signals including emergency preemption, railroad coordination and Flashing Yellow Arrow (FYA) treatments. Our services include:
- Traffic data collection
- Corridor studies
- Intersection / roadway capacity analysis
- Parking lot analysis and studies, including site circulation
- Intersection design studies (IDS)
- Parking lot analysis / studies, including site circulation
- Speed delay studies
- Traffic modeling (utilizing VISSIM, Synchro, HCS, Sidra, TruTraffic, etc.)
- Traffic impact analysis
- Traffic signal and stop sign warrant analysis
- Traffic signal design / interconnect
- Transit studies
- Vehicle / pedestrian inventories
- Highway Safety Manual
- Safety studies and economic analysis
On August 21, 2013, TERRA Engineering and Miovision Co-Hosted a webinar on Multi-Modal Traffic Data about traffic counts in complete streets applications. The webinar can be watched online here.